Volunteer Firefighters Needed
To become a member or to find out more about us, attend one of our meetings held every Monday night of every month, 6:30 PM, at Sam Bass Station One, 1001 Great Oaks Drive.
Requirements For Becoming A Volunteer:
You must be at least 18 years of age.
What Does Sam Bass Fire Department Provide You?
- You are requested to attend 4 meetings a month.
- Be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 100 lbs.
- Be in good physical health.
- Be willing to obtain SFFMA or TCFP fire certification. (Required to obtain bunker gear)
- Be willing to become an EMT-B or First Responder (CPR/AED) certified.
- Be willing to get up in the middle of the night to help ANYONE if needed.
- Possess a valid drivers license, with no major violations on your driving record.
How to Volunteer.
- Training on three of the four Mondays a month ( lasts 2 hours ).
- All equipment necessary for fire fighting after training is completed.
- Assistance in completing SFFMA fire certifications.
- If you are an EMT, we do provide medical supplies for first responders.
- Camaraderie and skills necessary to work in a team environment.
In order to become a volunteer member, you are required to fill out the following application
All perspective/probationary members are to complete the following checklist